|Frederick County Fire Museum is Open!!!!|
|By Member Joyce Shry|
|July 12, 2021|
The Frederick County Fire & Rescue Museum located at 300 B South Seton Ave. in Emmitsburg is now open to the public. The museum will be open from 12 – 4 every Saturday and Sunday from July 17 to October 3, 2021.
The museum will feature new displays such as an impressive 8 foot long panoramic picture of all the fire apparatus in the city of Frederick in 1932 as the painting by Sherry Kemp donated by the Junior Fire Company of the 1910 American LaFrance steamer responding from the Junior fire house.
The new warfare sign describing he William Cochran glass etching "Volunteer" has recently been added next to the etching to provide the visitor an excellent pictorial of how the etching finally came to be in Emmitsburg and the difficult worked faced by Emmitsburg Glass Company to both dismantle and reinstall the glass.
New signage providing the visitor with a look back in history to the origin of the "Old Lady" hand tub pumper and recent information of the metal tank that was believed owned by the Washington Hose Company in Frederick have been added to provide an even greater depth history.
Chip Jewell, author of History of Fire Companies in Frederick County, MD will be doing a book signing at the Museum from 12 - 4 on Sunday August 8 and Sunday August 15. Copies of the book will also be available for sale at the museum
The Frederick County Fire & Rescue Museum looks forward to once again providing visitors with a look back in the history of our Frederick County fire and rescue companies.